Magento now provides high class e-commerce software that is gaining greater audiences from day to day. Its easy-to-use, flexible and cost-effective solutions open a wide array of opportunities for both site owners and clients. Moreover, every now and then a great number of web-development companies offer new Magento extensions, which makes the choice of Magento-based solutions very big. Well, if your site is running on Magento platform this post is just for you!
Today we are going to find out whether it is possible to implement SEO techniques in Magento store, and what is the shortest way to get the highest results from it.
1. Analyze your content. According to SEO trends in 2013 content must be 100% user-oriented. It must contain useful, original and informative texts. Note, keyword stuffing is a bad idea for writing content for your Magento site. Be sure to use keywords only once or twice. This will be enough.
2. Organize your content. You definitely know that a text should be well-structured to be readable. So, this is just a rule to be reminded – use headings and subheadings to keep your content short and strictly organized.
3. Make sure you have appropriate pagination. No website layout should have more than two times to scroll down. The thing is that lengthy web pages bore customers who will prefer shorter content in many cases.
4. Optimize your images and URL’s. Memorable and self-explanatory URL’s are easily typed into a search bar. Besides, this is going to give your Magento store higher ranking too. For more details on how to optimize images check this post.
5. Get a site map. You should format your site map in .xml then send it to all the major search engines in order to enable the latter to provide you with useful status and statistical information.
7. Review site navigation. The internal liking system should work seamlessly and perfectly well. This will be appreciated not only by search engines but by your customers too, which is even more important aspect for each e-commerce project.