From its very beginning the Internet was meant to reach a global audience. No wonder it has become the key element of the marketing strategy for companies looking for global market.
But how about small local companies that are interested only in neighborhood customers? How can they make use of the Internet as their marketing tool? This is what we are going to tell you about today.
Google and other search engines have understood that not all businesses are looking for huge and numerous target audiences all over the world. Instead, they are interested in attracting customers from their backyard. That’s why several services have been launched to help people find products and services located in their neighborhood. One of the services is Google Local. Below are several reasons why Local Search Engine Listing is good for your business too.
- Your business will stand from the crowd. Since there are millions of websites and pages in the Internet chances are that your website will be lost in the sea of search results. Google Local can solve this problem separating your business website form the rest tagged for a particular keyword. As a result, your website will be on the top of search results in that particular area. This means that more and more people will be able to see it while connecting your website and the services you offer with their area of residence. More visitors mean more traffic.
- Better accessibility on mobile devices. Nowadays more and more people access the Internet from their mobile devices. With Google Local Listing your website is more likely to show amongst search results when your potential clients are performing searches from their android and iPhone devices. Besides, it will show up when people are using local search applications like Google Maps or Google Places.
- Targeting your neighborhood clients. There is such a psychological phenomenon – people are 10 times more likely to buy products and services from someone in their geographical area – we feel more comfortable buying from someone we know. That’s why when found on local search you will target your potential buyers in no time.
- Increasing your overall search ranking. With local listing your basic search engine ranking will be higher and generate more web traffic to your site.
- Your presence in Google Maps. People using the application of Google Maps will also see your business and location, which is a great way to increase the number of your customers.
We hope that this the information provided above will help you realize the benefits of Google Local Listing for your business.